MY BIG CONFESSION!

It's so easy to fall into the trap of complacency. I did at a stage in my life. I would go for weeks without touching my bible , would go most mornings without praying and sometimes wouldn't even bother to take notes in church. You know that feeling of 'I'm on top of the game here'... its just sinful pride. I felt I'd come to a stage in my life where I could do just fine with stuff I already knew and believe me when I say I knew alot. But that's a fallacy of epic proportions but I didnt realize it. I was feeling just fine doing stuff for the Lord you know.

So at at the beginning of the next year when this madness was at it's peak I decided to go on a fast and seek the Lord's face. The new year was staring me in the face and I had big plans to suceeed personally and do bigger things for the Lord. But when I look back I realize my motives where messed up. Like our Warri brethren would say, 'I no wan carry last' and I knew God was the only force that could move me forward.

Then one day when my mind, body and spirit was quiet enough I heard distinctly , ' GO TO THE BOOK OF REVELATION CHAPTER 3. READ FROM VERSE 3 TO 3'. So I picked up my bible and read these words in the semi darkness of my closet - ''And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, THAT THOU HAST A NAME THAT THOU LIVEST, AND ART DEAD. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee''.

Without the Lord uttering one more word I knew this was me. My initial reaction was irritation. Wasn't I doing my best already? Then the truth began to slowly sink in. It was obvious I prefered the outer court ministry to the Holiest place. I was literally backslidden and didn't even realize it because I was neck deep in church activities.  The impact of that encounter was so deep that I cried for hours but when I came out of that closet I was changed...completely washed and forgiven. Nothing else mattered more than being in loving fellowship with Him while walking with Him. I also realized fellowshiping with God was the reason Jesus never missed the mark in the years that He did ministry on earth. Not once.

Sometime not too long ago, I had another encounter and this time the Lord was dealing with some serious distractions in my life. He was pointing them out to me one after the other and I realized finally...NOTHING MATTERS MORE TO GOD MORE THAN OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM. God is no more coming down in the cool of the day to seek Adam. He lives in our recreated human spirit and is just less than a heart beat away and yet we spend time with everything and everyone else but with Him. For most of us God is just a spiritual cash machine or some spiritual entity we go belly aching to when we're in a tight corner. These things ought not so to be.

God is love and He seeks to express His nature to us the same way demons seek to possess men inorder to express there perverted nature. But just like the negative supernatural, God needs to possess us too. That's why Paul said, 'that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God'. Ephesians 3:17-19

When you fall in love with the Lord truly spending time with Him will never be a drag or a bore , IT WILL BE A DELIGHT. Studying the word would be more exciting than all the adventures of Indiana Jones put together and more fufilling than discovering a cave full of exquisite treasures. If it's not happening to you that way then check your love gauge maybe your love for Him is running on empty.

Let us seek Him together daily and let us delight in Him daily.

Comments

  1. It happened to me too ma, the complacency part; I was just too confident in what I know (in my own case I practically new nothing). Thank God he is a patient God, full of tender loving kindness, always willing, in fact practically pursuing us to the ends of the earth to bring us back to Him.
    Seeking Him daily, constantly dwelling in His presence has changed my life, it has given me a new perspective...
    Thank you for this piece ma.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

THE CIRCLE: part 10 - CHAINS UNBROKEN

NO MORE PITY PARTIES.