SISTERHOOD ROCKS!

'Why can't YOU PEOPLE just talk normally' he yelled at me. By 'you people' he meant born gain Christians who interject their statements with 'by God's grace ' 'and it is well' . He proceeded to rant about all the things wrong with Christians of nowadays. I was stunned to silence because I thought he was one of 'us people'. I didn't bother to argue with him because I was listening to all the things he wasn't saying with his mouth. It dawned on me that every time our conversation tilted towards the bible or church tinz in the past he would skilfully navigate himself out out of it. I was always made to feel like there was something wrong with my spirituality.
I didn't understand it initially. But I realised that our major interests differed. I probably wasn't the kind of friend he needed so I skilfully made my self scarce. Back then I was highly suspicious and wary of female friendships. I don't like plenty drama and women tend to be full of it. But with time I've discovered the joys of sisterhood. My marriage and the  birth of each of my 3 daughters and with all that my sisters/ friends did to help me adjust to the changes,  I have had a fresh revelation of sisterhood and why the devil simply loathes seeing women together in unity. We are simply an awesome and unstoppable force to put it lightly. True and godly friendships are not a myth. Worthy friends surround you and they may not often be of the same religious denomination as you.
So with all my seeking and experiences I came up with this short list of the kind of friend that I believe every Christian woman should strive to become and also seek to have in her life
1. Find Someone you can learn from and who would believe you're worth listening to. Friendship is a two way thing.
2. Find a friendship with someone one whose words are like balm because they have marinated themselves in God's presence. There words charge up constantly when you are feeling low.
3. Search for someone who would call you out on one nonsense you just did and not give you a fake 'it's ok' smile. Someone who would not brand you an enemy or a jealous competitor because you did same.
4.  Seek for a naked and not ashamed relationship. What is life without trust. Every body cannot be a Judas waiting to sell you off with a kiss or Brutus waiting to stab you in the back. Not all women are husband snatchers either, so relax. Even if your hubby is Denzel Washington or Idris Elba and the average lady swoons and faints in their presence...Lol... you have to know that some ladies have eyes only for their husbands even if he looks like Mr Saka.
5. That woman that politely pretends she didn't just hear you when you brought up that savoury and juicy gossip tidbit. She is the real deal. Those who sin with you will surely sin against you. If your bff is a gossip junkie then be rest assured that very soon you'll start hearing your own gist out there.
6. Is she a perfect woman?. Nope! But she is a praying woman, she is a growing woman and she is a woman who is Word ruled and Spirit led.
7.Someone who is bent on making it to heaven and is ready to pay the price of love for it.
The price of love? Yes. Love is not as easy as it sounds. It is only genuine when you show it and give it even though you have constant flashes of tearing someone's throat out. It's a heavy price you pay to please God against everything your flesh wants to react to or do.
8. Two of you can laugh at each other and still know each other's boundaries and respect it.
9. You can afford to dream big and do great things and not feel threatened by the other's success.
10. You believe you are complicated but she still gets you and believes in you.
The list is endless.  I'll give it a rest for now. Maybe some other time i'll tidy it up.
Finally Ladies lets believe in each other and the great potential we have to be amazing. We can be great wives, wonderful mothers and still build super great friendships.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

THE CIRCLE: part 10 - CHAINS UNBROKEN

NO MORE PITY PARTIES.